Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cream Puffs






Ok, I have to preface this post by admitting to the fact that I've always hated little yappy dogs... couldn't stand them... until Thursday. We were driving back from Portland- after 3 days in the car, we couldn't wait to be home. One block from the house, we saw these little guys dart out into the middle of a busy road & almost bec0me roadkill.. so we scooped them up & brought them home. For 4 days we searched for their owners & made up all kinds of stories as to what could have happened- we had signs everywhere, ads in the paper & no one was calling to claim them. And I fell in love & fell hard, these are the sweetest, most loving animals that I've ever known. I was in the process of talking Tom into keeping them when the owners finally called last night & picked them up. I miss them so much, can't believe that I could become that attached to a little yappy dog in such a short period of time1 So, farewell Chico & Dallas, I wish you well & you will be missed.

6 comments:

Stephanie Gentry said...

Oh, they are precious!!! Looks like they will miss you too!!!

Long Black Eyelahes said...

Bless your heart Leighanna!!

Alpha!!! said...

Oh,Leighanna, they are so nice that one could easily love them and miss... Don't worry, the warm feeling they gave you will stay with you wherever they are...

Kim Hyer said...

You could always call the owners back & offer to sit them when the owners go out of town.I have a little yapper, She was not picked by choice but we were rather a victim of her BAD behavior..My girlfriend/dogsitter wrote a song about her called 10lbs of love in a 2 lb bag...
My deck from create is on my work table unfinshed but I look at it daily. Everyone LOVES it & the concept... I thank you for the beautiful stuff you taught us & the great way you taught it !!!!
Kim
www.apaperaddict.com

Jacqueline said...

What sweethearts! You did a great deed.

moongipsies said...

I'm sure they will miss you...