Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Best Birthday EVER!





I've had some pretty crappy birthdays, but this one made up for all of them!


I took the train up to Santa Fe to meet a friend at the train station.  From there, we drove up to Taos, did a bit of junking & ended up at Bluefish.....Warning warning, danger Will Rodgers...if you're a woman & have never seen Bluefish clothing, I am not responsible for your life after you visit this site- proceed with extreme caution!
Bluefish clothes are the most awesome, fun, arty clothes that ever existed.  The company was started by a woman named Jennifer Barclay & her story has always inspired me, what an amazing success story she has, & what an incredible example of making a living doing what you are most passionate about.

Jennifer just happened to be at the store yesterday & after learning that it was my birthday, she gifted me w/ 2 pieces of Bluefish!  I have never met this woman...WHO DOES THAT?  I was so floored, I couldn't even speak (or if I did, it made absolutely no sense!)  I still don't even know what to say, I am absolutely blown away, & trying to figure out how to pass on that RAK.

Anyway, after that we had a wonderful lunch at the Taos Inn where the waiter made me the strongest margarita that I have ever had in my life!  (Lesson #8964, don't EVER drink a margarita in the middle of the day)!  Actually, I already learned that awhile back, but since it was my birthday I thought I'd try it again!  Bad idea, don't remember much of the trip home, other than smiling all the way home on the train & fearing that people would think I was crazy.... 
Anyway, really, this was the best birthday ever, & thank you Myra for spending it with me & making it so special!

3 comments:

Paula Scott said...

I thought of you on your birthday! I'm so glad to hear that it was a very happy birthday indeed!

kecia said...

lol, i can hear your little giggle the whole train ride home! i'm coming next year - plan on it!

burntofferings said...

gotta love them fish! glad your b-day was all that. mine was too - only mexican style. photos will come on our blog, if we ever get completely unpacked...lol!