Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hacienda Mosaico, Donations needed

As some of you may know, Sam, the owner of Hacienda Mosaico has had a very tragic year.  

As a result, her studio was completely stripped of all art supplies, she literally has a few tools & nothing else.  
When I think about having what I am most passionate about stripped from me, my art, it just kills me, so I want to do something to help her out.
Since I will be going down in March, I would like to fill up 3 pieces of luggage with supplies for her.  I already have close to one bag filled! 
 I am always blown away at how our art community comes together to help each other out during difficult times, so I decided to put this out there.
Many of us have a ton of art supplies that we no longer use, I would like to ask all of you for donations...& help you to get a good start on your spring cleaning!
It sounds like what she needs most are tools, silversmithing tools, rotary tools, kiln supplies (I have no idea what this means, but if you own a kiln, you probably know)
Any other art supplies would also be great, paper, images, the only thing that we don't need is fabric & ribbon, I already had someone donate 3 full trash bags full!
If you can help, please let me know & I will give you my address (or hers, if you feel like shipping it to Mexico)
Thanks so much in advance!

3 comments:

Ginny Gaskill said...

I don't know anything about this person but I know how I would feel if I lost all my art supplies. I do not mail things, even letters, so I am ahead to get things to you since we live in the same town. Give me a call I am in the book, William is my husband. I will help where I can.

Paula Scott said...

Will the airline let you take three pieces of luggage?
I will certainly go through my supplies and let go of some things for Sam. SHe is awesome and if she is back at the Hacienda Mosaico, I am doubly glad for her!

burntofferings said...

this is great leighanna, i know sam will really appreciate any supplies. we're bringing some as well and are asking our students to bring whatever they can spare. puerto vallarta is wonderful, you'll love it's energy and it's art. this is 0ur 4th workshop hosted by sam and we plan on doing another next feb.