Thursday, December 18, 2008

Perspective, scared cows (not a typo!) & happy waving people





Taking the new railrunner up to Santa Fe was exactly what I needed.  I've been in my house for way too long, I so needed to get out & be reminded that I live in the most beautiful place on earth!

It was so pretty, got to see parts of NM that I've never seen before, & with the new snow, it was gorgeous! 
The animals were all a bit freaked out, we would pass a cow, his eyes would get really big & he would run away, I swear, I've never seen a cow run before!
As it tuned out, there was a sacred cow, along with the scared cows, apparently the last train hit a cow that wandered on to the tracks.  I'm so glad that I wasn't on that train, that would have really sucked.
A news helicopter followed us all the way to Santa Fe & there were people everywhere smiling, waving & taking pictures, I kinda felt like I was in a parade.
Especially since most of the trip was though the most remote parts of NM, there would be nothing around for miles & all of a sudden there would be a guy w/ a camera that popped up over a hill.  Totally surreal!

5 comments:

artgirly said...

sounds magical!

seth said...

Beautiful pictures of a beuatiful land. Thanks for allowing me to go back and visit again!

Lisa Purcell said...

Wow, the poor cows. How horrible to see one of their own struck down. Contrasted with the beauty of the scene it is sort of poignant.

Lisa Purcell said...

Wow, the poor cows. How horrible to see one of their own struck down. Contrasted with the beauty of the scene it is sort of poignant.

Jen Crossley said...

WOW you had a exicting trip by the sound.Glad you got out and about
Jen
ps roll on Feb 2009