Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year everyone!



Yes, I know it's a bit long, but it's my very first (& probably last) movie!  

At the end of each year I usually do a journal spread as a way to remember the past year. This year, I decided to try making a little movie, since so many of my images are already on my computer.
Well this little project took an entire day, over 9 hours to complete, & I learned that making movies is NOT a good job for a perfectionist!
I am happy to have it, & I'm happy that it's done, it really is a nice way to remember all of the little things that I tend to forget about.  But next year, I think I will work on it throughout the year, rather than trying to finish it all in one day!
There were a whole lot more people who I wanted to include, but it would have run an hour or more, actually it started out at about 30 minutes & most of the time that I spent on it was editing.
So happy new year to everyone, I hope that you enjoy watching this little piece of my life & thank you to everyone who made 2008 such an awesome year for me.

13 comments:

Cindy O'Leary said...

Wow, great video Leighanna! I just realized how long it's been since I've seen you--hopefully we'll meet up in 2009. Happy New Year! xo cindy

Meri Arnett-Kremian said...

Well done! The only criticism I'd offer is: next time make the text a little larger so it's easier to read. It's so small on U-Tube! The pictures and sound were great. Fun to see people I know. It inspires the urge to play with my photos, too.

HappyDayArt! said...

I loved it! I second the vote on larger text! Thanks for including me!!!!

xo Catherine

Kris Henderson said...

Love it. Oh gee thanks for using the photo of me stuffing myself with food and beer. OY!
Taos was a fantastic trip. Tequila. Food. Blue convertible. Beer. Water. Food. Tequila. and you :) Nuthin better.

Jen Crossley said...

What a wonderful way to remember the year.
Happy New year to you dear Leighanna,I hope you have a Happy Healthy and a creative 2009
Jen

Tracey said...

Wow, what a year, indeed! That was AWESOME... Great job! Happy New Year!

Paula Scott said...

Very, very IMPRESSIVE! It made me happy watching it all; it was a pretty good year, huh?

seth said...

What a great remembrance to 2008. Looks like you had some incredible, artfilled experiences. Happy new year to you!

jean benabou said...

I like your little movie!
I enjoyed this little peek into your year!
May your new year bring you all you hope for!

lynne h said...

woo! i love it, leighanna! thank you!

that first song -- is it lucinda? i don't think so but i can't put my finger on the right person...

glorious, creative new year to you!

xxoo

lynne

Dayna Collins said...

Happy New Year, Leighanna! I've taken a couple of classes from you and most recently took your Vintage Metal Decks at Portland Art and Soul. I've just done a blog post about my completed deck as well as a deck I did for my parents and thought you might like to take a peek!

Dayna Collins said...

Happy New Year, Leighanna! I've taken a couple of classes from you and most recently took your Vintage Metal Decks at Portland Art and Soul. I've just done a blog post about my completed deck as well as a deck I did for my parents and thought you might like to take a peek!

Leslie said...

It looks like you spread your art all over the world during 2008. I can't wait to catch up with you again in 2009. Thanks for sharing this wonderful video!