Wednesday, November 5, 2008

DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!


Wow, what a night!  
I feel so grateful & humble to be a part this amazing history being made.  My faith in humanity (and in our formally red state) has been restored.
I feel like I've been underwater for years & I was finally able to come up for air last night.  
I have never felt anything like this, it's like the entire world took a collective sigh of relief!
I wasn't around for JFK, well, I was, but I was busy hanging out in my moms tummy!  I imagine that is what everyone felt back then & I am so thrilled to experience that feeling myself.  
I just can't seem to put this into words, I have nothing to compare this to!
Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote & who worked so incredibly hard to make this happen!
Woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!
(I think I need a cigarette now!)

6 comments:

Carol said...

You are welcome. I live in Red Indiana in one of the few blue counties and work in a Red county and for a Red employer. Brother, is THAT tough. But I work hard for the demos every election!!

sf said...

My friend Sarah from New Zealand says they have an upcoming election, but OURS was, in reality, more important, even to them, and the New Zealanders are PSYCHED!
sf

Leslie said...

Oh happy day! It was an amazing election. Great music.

Laura said...

I feel proud to be an American again. Celebrated last night with a "blue" martini and a cigarette!

Laura
Bainbridge Island

Judy said...

Stunning victory! Thank goodness.

FLYING SOLO said...

THE BEST NIGHT OF OUR LIVES......I POSTED MY FEELINGS!!! ON THE DAY BEFORE....DITSY GIRL....

ANYWAY.....AMAZING GRACE HOW SWEET IT IS...