Friday, August 22, 2008

JOURNALS






I have been absolutely obsessed with making journals & I can't seem to stop!
It started last winter when I decided to make the PERFECT journal to take with me to PARIS.  4 Books later, I still don't have the perfect one!  
Last month at Art Unraveled, I took a class w/ DJ Pettitt 
(wonderful fun class, she's such a great instructor) she actually got me to SEW & IRON on my book covers...I haven't ironed in 20 years, well except for beeswax, I had to go out & buy an iron!
So now I'm obsessed with making these, it's all I've done art-wise since I got back from AZ.

5 comments:

Cindy O'Leary said...

Leighanna, these are gorgeous--no wonder you can't stop making them! Thanks for the inspiration; makes me want to get in my studio and play! xo cindy

Char DeRouin said...

Hey Leighanna - guess who told me to take a look at your gorgeous books!? Way to go -- I know you'll enjoy them; one is never enough! Love, Char

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Wowser-these are fan-fricking-tastic!
Beautiful art!!

seth said...

These books are stunning. I can see why you keep on creating them.

kathy mc said...

I love your journals. They all look very cool.